15 dezembro, 2010

Live and let die


Last year I had installed my studio in this amazing shop Fabrico Infinito and create throughout the day...most of the time having endless conservations with the owner Marcela Brunken i must admit! We had fun...She is a big fan of my work, was and still is  among the ones to continuously promote my art.
Yesterday at a fancy dinner a friend was surprised that i present myself as Alex Castro Ferreira my single name and not with my married name and as an artist. Labels are hard to remove! But it make me wonder of the importance on male tradition which is still very implanted on our portuguese society( not to say around the world) and on how people see us.
I am a flight attendant .......and also an artist.
I am a woman of passion who is eager to learn evolve grow accepting the ups and downs of Life
Live and let die...famous quote of my husband.
Enjoy your day